I’m so happy to finally put up this interview, because it’s been weeks in the making!
The first time Vennie and I chatted, our connection kept cutting in and out (not atypical while online in China). Finally this week, Vennie and I were able to chat again via Skype while she was working from her Hong Kong office!
Vennie So is the Head of Search for Shanghai-based digital agency that specializes in search engine optimization in Asia. Her agency works with a lot of larger corporate businesses in optimizing their SEO, running their search and content marketing campaigns. And I really appreciated her insider’s views on how SEO, SEM, and content marketing all work together in the Chinese online space.
During this interview, Vennie and I talked about:
- How SEO and SEM is different in China versus the west
- How Baidu always “feeds itself” first, and what this means for businesses advertising on its platform
- How to design your SEO/SEM activities on Baidu depending on the type of business you have
- Examples of businesses that do well on search, and those that do well with search campaigns
- What agencies think about you – the client, and steps a business can take to make sure you find the right agency to work with